Reconnection Issues Fixed!
Tired of the days when your League of Legends client crashed, waited in the loading screen and had a 10000+ position in queue to relog? Well, in2LOL has a solution for you!
There are two methods for you to fix this!
- When you disconnect from the match don’t re-open the launcher. Navigate to your League of Legends install directory.
The default install directory is: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends
My install directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Riot Games\League of Legends
- Double-click on the folder called “rads“.
- Double-click on the folder called “solutions“.
- Double-click the folder called “lol_game_client_sln“.
- Double-click the folder called “releases“.
- The folders located in “releases” change depending on your current version of League of Legends. Double-click on the folder of the latest version. Currently, when this guide was written, my folder was called “0.0.0.204“.
- Double-click the folder called “deploy“.
- And finally, locate the application “League of Legends” within this folder and double click it. It should open straight into the loading screen for your game!
Full path for this application is:
And to finish, let’s make a shortcut on the desktop so we can find it easily!
Right click on the League of Legends application we just found, hover over “Send to…” and select “Desktop (Create shortcut)” from the sub-menu. Maybe give it a unique name like “Quick Reconnect” so you won’t try and open the launcher with it!
WARNING: DO NOT MOVE THE FILE TO YOUR DESKTOP OR RENAME THE FILE IN THE FOLDER.
To ensure that your desktop shortcut leads to the most up-to-date version of the launcher, you can remake it after each patch. To do this, simply right-click on the short cut and select “Open file location”, then navigate up two folder levels until you are back in the “releases” folder. In case there is a new folder, locate the “League of Legends” application using steps 6, 7 and 8.
Note: If you’re not currently in a match when you double click this application you will receive an error message: “Unable to connect to the server”. Only use this application if you have disconnected from a game that is still in progress. If you want to start a new game you have to use the regular launcher.
This method is just a bunch of codes! A helpful comment on the Reddit thread for this guide offers a different method that requires no updating after each patch! This comment was posted by kalli04.
set target=c:\riot games\league of legends\rads\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\
for /f “tokens=*” %%G in (‘dir /ad /b’) do (
if !str! GTR %curr% ( set curr=!str! )
“League of Legends.exe”
Then proceed to save as.. and type .bat at the end of the name of your choice.
Note: You must replace the target path with your releases folder path! You can also put this .bat file anywhere you want and create a shortcut on the desktop and give it a custom name or icon.
in2LOL would like to thank ‘plankermaxx’, ‘Ruaille’ and ‘kalli04′ for these awesome ways to reconnect to the game without even starting the regular LoL Client once again. Do you think these ways would help you in the future? Share your thoughts below!
Sources: Original Guide&Pictures